As part of the final Ultra Unlock event from GO Fest 2021, Pokemon originally discovered in the Galar region will be making their debut!
The Galar region is featured in the mainline titles Pokémon Sword and Shield on the Nintendo Switch.
Story-wise, it appears like Hoopa has been a bit mischevous. It has opened up portals that has brought various Galarian Pokemon with it!
This event even includes the two Legendaries Zacian and Zamazenta! Alongside them are Swkovet, Greedent, Wooloo, Dubwool, and Falinks.
It’ll also be possible to find Shiny variants for the Galarian Forms of Meowth, Farfetch’d, Weezing and Stunfisk.
Here is a full list of event features:
- Skwovet and Wooloo will be appearing more frequently in the wild! You can also look forward to finding Galarian Darumaka, Trubbish, and more! If you’re lucky, you might encounter Falinks!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Galarian Meowth, Galarian Ponyta, Galarian Slowpoke, Galarian Farfetch’d, Galarian Zigzagoon, Galarian Darumaka, and Galarian Stunfisk.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Galarian Meowth, Shiny Galarian Farfetch’d, Shiny Galarian Weezing, or Shiny Galarian Stunfisk! See below for when some of these Pokémon will be appearing in raids during the event.
- Complete event-exclusive Timed Research for a chance to encounter Pokémon first discovered in the Galar region!
- Get themed Field Research tasks from PokéStops. If you complete Field Research, you may encounter Skwovet, Wooloo, or Falinks.
- Starting on Thursday, August 19, 2021, at 3:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), uniforms that appear in the Galar region will be available as avatar items in Pokémon GO! Pick up the Gym Challenger Uniform avatar item for free, which is worn by Pokémon Trainers challenging Gyms in the Galar region. If you want to show off your Dragon-type or Dark-type pride, you can purchase Dragon-Type Sport Uniform and Dark-Type Sport Uniform avatar items in the shop.
- Starting on Friday, August 20, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time, event-exclusive Gift stickers will also be available! Pick them up in the shop or by spinning Photo Discs at PokéStops and Gyms.
In addition to this, there will also be different Pokemon in raids during each week of the event.
This event will begin on the 20th later this month, and end on the 31st. You can read the original announcement and list of features for the Sword and Shield Pokemon GO event here.
If you want to stay up to date with all things augmented reality, you should follow us on Twitter and check out our other gaming articles!