Beware Bidoof are coming. Niantic is fully playing into the popular meme, with a new Bidoof-themed event coming later this month.
The event – aptly named as Bidoof Breakout will start Friday, June 25th 2021. It will last until Thursday, July 1st 2021.
This event will finally bring Shiny Bidoof to Pokémon GO. They will also be appearing more often in the wild, and might even know attacks they can’t normally learn!
Here is a full list of the event features:
- Bidoof will be appearing more often in the wild, in raids, and in encounters after you complete event-exclusive Field Research! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Bidoof in Pokémon GO! Our preliminary research suggests that the rate at which Bidoof will be appearing in the wild will increase over the course of the event.
- On certain days of the event, Bidoof you encounter will know attacks that they normally cannot learn. On Thursday, July 1, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time, you can use a Charged TM to teach Bidoof any of these attacks. After the event, you can use an Elite Charged TM to do the same. During each of the times listed below, you can encounter Bidoof that know the following attacks.
- Shadow Ball: From Friday, June 25, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, June 26, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- Thunderbolt: From Sunday, June 27, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, June 28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- Ice Beam: From Tuesday, June 29, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, June 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- Evolve Bidoof anytime during the event to get a Bibarel that knows Hyper Beam.
- Team GO Rocket has plans to cash in on the Bidoof Breakout and have turned more Bidoof into Shadow Pokémon, so get out there and save those Bidoof!
- You’ll be able to get Bidoof Gift stickers from spinning PokéStops and opening Gifts.
During the event, there will also be bonuses on certain days throughout the week, such as multipliers on Catch XP.